donderdag 27 september 2012

Call me honey - songtekst


Download het liedje van mijn SoundCloud
Licentie Creative-Commons: CC-BY

--------------------------------------------------------------

Every now and then I get so lonely
An empty house when coming home from work
There's no one to cook me dinner
No one to talk to tonight

And at those moments I wonder:

Will anybody call me honey
Will anybody call me love
Will anybody say I love you
Give me a shoulder to cry on
Will anybody 
hold 
me 
tight

Now sometimes my friends invite me over
A joy-filled house when coming home from work
She did her best to cook a great dinner
People to joke around with today

And I wonder whether I need:

To have somebody call me honey
To have somebody call me love
To have somebody say I love you
To have someone's shoulder to cry on
To have somebody 
holding 
me 
tight

Late at night, I come home from dancing
A peaceful house awaits me tonight
I pour a drink and lay down on the sofa
My thoughts are churning over everything today

And then I realize:

That I myself can call me honey
That I myself can call me love
Say to the mirror I love you
The teddybear his shoulder to cry on
All my friends are
holding
me
tight.

I wanna look at the things I have
Look away from things I have not
Realize 
the little things are so important
Be happy with 
who 
am

Now I will call myself honey
Now I will call myself  my love
say to the mirror I love you
the teddybear's shoulder to cry on
My loving friends are 
holding 
me
tight
--------------------------------------------------------------

Normaal breng ik gedichten op dit blog uit onder de licentie cc-by-nc-nd, maar voor deze songtekst maak ik een uitzondering. Licentie op Call me honey is CC-BY. 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten